Friday, August 7, 2009

Girl's Camp

Tuesday morning I dropped Rachel off at her leader's house for her first year of girl's camp!! She was so excited and ready to go...

She was fine saying goodbye, probably just wanted me to leave as soon as I could so I could stop embarrassing her by taking pictures!

This is the longest she has ever been away from me in 12 years!!! I think about her every day and wonder how she is doing! I know she is fine and having fun, but I just want to talk to her and hear all about it. I think I'm getting a little taste of how it's going to be sooner than I know it when she is off to college, or a mission? or getting married...Aghh, can't even think about it!! But we all miss Rach around here! Can't wait till she gets back on tomorrow!!

3 comments:

the heiner family said...

Rach is so cute! I remember my first year of girls camp! Glad I don't have to do that again! And don't even start thinking about her growing up even more than she already has...I still picture her and Tommy as babies in your UCLA apartment! Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Grandma lu said...

So glad you had a good time at camp Rach! Can't wait to hear all about it.

The Crane Family said...

Hi Maria! I just thought I'd check in on the Trumans. I love your posts, and your pictures are awesome! I hear ya on them going off to camp. Is that not the hardest thing ever? I die every time Josh goes to scout camp--and now Maddie will start going next year. The years are flying by--it makes me so sad. Rachel is so cute--We need to come visit you guys. It's been too long!