Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Palmyra Ward Camp Out

A few weeks ago we went camping with our ward.

We camped at Warm Springs.
We brought my niece Tori and one of Rachel's friends, Carli.  They had their own tent.

After setting up the tents, we went swimming in the natural warm spring pool.  The water was perfect!
When it got dark, we ate dinner, enjoyed smores,
and then the older kids kept us up late playing night games!


We haven't been camping as a family for about 8 years.  Last time we went it was with the UCLA ward when we lived in LA.  This time, we had a bigger tent for more kids!  It was fun sleeping in the tent together!

I think the girls had fun in their tent too!

We enjoyed the awesome breakfast...(even though it was still freezing!)
And then the kids had fun hanging out with their friends and swimming again!




Just for fun, here we were at one of the UCLA camp outs  in 2001...

and in 2002 (the last time we went camping, I was pregnant with Sam).

And here we are in 2010!  Our family has grown a bit.
Hopefully it won't be nine years until we go camping again!  Rachel would probably be married or on a mission and Jessica would be 13, Rachel's age!  Oh, that's sad to put it that way!  We will for sure have to go again next year!

4 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

What an adorable family! It was also fun to see pictures from the wedding. Bryan and I are so bummed we missed it.

Grandma lu said...

What cozy campers! Quite a change in not so many years! How did that happen so fast! Love you!

lori said...

Fun! I love the old pictures!!!

jill said...

What fun posts!! I've just been catching up, I loved the sweet little candles story, the camping with the ward, how fun! Also, Chicago looked FABULOUS!!!! What great experiences! Darling family!