Friday, April 4, 2008

One Week To Go!!!

Next Saturday is the triathlon!!! Aghh! It's been fun preparing but I don't know if I'm any more prepared now than when I started training. I've been telling Mark not to be surprised when I come in last. It's just about finishing, right?? Well, in preparing for my least favorite event, the swim, some of us girls braved the cold waters of Lake Mead last weekend. Here we are, ready for our cold swim at 7:00 am.
Ready or not, here we go...It really was cold! The worst was getting my face in the water. I might just end up doggy paddling the whole 600 meters! (not kidding)
But in all seriousness, it has been so fun training with these girls, they are so great! Thanks for inviting me and encouraging me! It's been fun and I can't wait for race day!!

4 comments:

the heiner family said...

Wow! I cannot believe you! Even if you do doggy paddle the whole way, you still are my hero!

Kirsten said...

Good luck! You girls will do great!

Becky said...

Maria... You are awesome.. and will do amazing on race day. It's not about the race.. right? As long as we dont get a DNF (did not finish) Then we will have suceeded! ha ha ha. Love, B.

Brigit said...

Wow...do we look Hot or what. I'm getting so excited.