Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sugar & Spice Camp

Rachel and her friend Suzanne came up with this idea to have a summer camp for 4-5 year old girls this summer. They called it "Sugar & Spice" camp. Rachel and Suzanne did all the planning and made fliers. Nine girls signed up for the camp. They camp has been this week and they have been having so much fun! They made cookies...They colored....
They played dress-up and had a fashion show...
They painted and made crafts...

They painted fingernails...

and there was lots and lots of dancing!!!Rachel and Suzanne even planned the lunch menus...
Today is the last day. The girls are having water activities and going swimming. It's been such a great experience for Rach and Suz. They are so good with little kids. I know the little girls have loved it too.

5 comments:

Julia Harps said...

what a great idea! maybe micah and ammon can do one called sticks and snails or something. he he.

lori said...

oh, this makes me smile so much! My best friend and I did a similar summer camp when we were about Rachel's age. Ah, memories! It was so fun! I love the activities they planned! What wonderful, creative girls!!!

Grandma lu said...

What good little mothers these girls will be and what good models they are following! This would be a great YW project for them to do again when they are older!

Mike'n'Amy said...

Wow. So neat!

the heiner family said...

That is so awesome! I wish I could have put Nicole in that camp! Let me know when Sugar and Spice Camp is coming to Omaha...we are so in! PS...Rach: you are going to be such a great mom!