Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just in case you were wondering....

COLOR DOES affects the way people perceive a flavor or taste!
At least that was what Rachel's science project proved. She made different flavors of Jell-O and changed them different colors.
Then she had different people try to guess the flavor. Most of them chose the flavor that matched the color, even if the color had been changed.
She did a great job and even got first place for the sixth grade and her category! Good job Rach!

8 comments:

erica said...

way to go rachel! what a fun science project. and so jealous of your spring weather...it has been nice up here the past few days, but not vegas nice. i guess i should enjoy it though, its not snowing :)

Grandma lu said...

Your teacher said you did such a good job! First place in sixth grade and the Sweepstake winner!!!

Hooray!!!

lori said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! What a cool project, Rach! Congratulations!!

And Maria, you ARE a great photographer! I loved the park post...made me even feel a little emotional! I'm with you in your wish for Spring and childhood to LINGER!!!

Julia Harps said...

cool project. COngrats rachel!

Brigit said...

Way to go Rachel. That looks like it was a fun project. We are so looking forward to you coming into Young Women.

Joe White said...

That is smart.... I would never think of that. Way to Go Rachel. Next years project, "Does the way people smell affect their attractiveness?" FYI the answer is yes, I know from first hand experience, that's why I can't get dates haha.

Anonymous said...

this project is awesome and I just happen to be looking for a science project for Miranda..... hmmmm

annie said...

That is a fun science fair project... I'll have to remember that one! Great job Rachel!