Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas time 2009

Christmas Eve...
Festivities started at Grandpa and Grandma Trumans. We ate great soups...


...the kids got dressed for the nativity


...and we all enjoyed the show...
Lucy was Mary. She was so sweet and gentle, the perfect Mary!
The Nativity...
Here are two of the wise men, Sam and Abby. We didn't have enough boys, so Abby volunteered to be a wise man! You are awesome Abby!
Then, home to open our new PJs and get ready for bed...

Christmas morning!!!






I think everyone was happy. Especially these girls. They scored with the make-up and dress up clothes! In fact Jessica wore her dress up clothes and crown the whole day!
After presents we headed back to Grandpa and Grandmas for breakfast and the cousin present exchange.
My ears hurt just looking at this picture of her clip on earrings that she wore most of the day!
Mark's parents gave him and each of his siblings a bound book of all their mission letters (all five of them served missions.) The books include the letters that they wrote home and also the letters that the family wrote them each week. It is such great history to have! I can't wait to read it and it will also be so great for our kids to read someday.


Mark and Zach enjoying their gifts...
Bowler Christmas Party
Saturday we headed up to Gunlock for the annual Bowler Christmas party with Mark's Aunts, Uncles and cousins. This is something we look forward to each year. We ate (of course) and played games. Game number one was Family Feud.

Then the younger kids (the second cousins) played the present game...

And then the first cousins played the game...

In the Bowler family, the Christmas party always ends with group pictures. To get a group shot, we put the cameras on a table and set the timers. My camera didn't go off with the others so I had to reset it. It still wasn't working so just as I was running to check out the camera, it went off. This was the first shot. I love every one's expressions! :)
Here's the second shot, I just had to fix my hair a little! :)
Phew!! Here's the gang! We got it!
The Christmas season is over. It makes me sad every year at this time when we take down the Christmas decorations and the house feels a little empty. But I look forward to a new year, to new goals and new experiences. I also know, from experience, that Christmas will be here again in a blink of the eye! Merry Christmas 2009!

3 comments:

Brigit said...

Maria...I love reading your blog. You are so great at taking pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Grandma lu said...

Thanks for recording it all for us! What fun we all had. Thanks!

erica said...

i hope you dont mind that i stole a few of your pics! thanks!