For the last few years the kids have begged to do a lemonade stand to make money. Here's the shot of last years lemonade stand. Yes , it was HOT outside!



I was wondering if the kids would ask about doing another one this year and yesterday it happened. So we called the Fifes and they were in! We were going to try something new this year. Instead of going out in front of houses, the kids were going to try selling their goodies at the park. We were sure there would be a lot of hungry and thirsty kids playing there!
So,
Rach and
Suz made the big sign...

the boys made another sign...

Megan watched...

and Jessica made her own little sign and decorated herself with markers...

Then we went to the park, set up, and waited and waited for someone to buy something!

It was a long wait and the Fifes weren't there yet so just when the kids were ready to give up....here came our first (and only) customer! She bought a cookie and a sprite!

Rachel, Megan and Sam decided to cool off while we waited for the Fifes...


Tommy didn't want to get wet or have any fun until Jackson was there so he just kept his shirt on and waited...

Jessica managed the sales while also enjoying the candy!

Finally the Fifes arrived and contributed to our "Summer Sale" table. Now they were officially in business!!

But most of the time the table looked like this, with no workers....

Because the workers were busy being kids and doing this....






Good thing we brought plenty of snacks to the park!!

and enough candy for Jessica...


Well, we only had one sale but we sure had a ton of fun! And that's what it's all about, right??
8 comments:
What kind of magical camera do you have? Or is it that you have magical camera skills? Every photo is awesome! Especially the water park ones. I love the end picture of all the kids. Adorable! Looks like it was a great day. Wish we could have been there. We would have bought some treats from you...and chased you through the splash park!
ps. It was ME that said Tom was a roller skater. Or that he loved roller skating. You know how "bladers" are. Too cool :)
pps. Just using the term "bladers" shows that I was never cool enough to be one.
you guys are so cute... cute pictures!
I love how you take us through the story with pictures. We get a visual of the whole process. It is really fun. Thanks for sharing
the last pictures is the best! They will look back and gush with funny memories when they see it.
you are awesome.
What fun memories your kids are making! If I was there I would have bought something for sure.
Your pictures are so great! I have the camera but no skills! My kids are going to hate me when they have no cool pics like yours.
You are the funnest mom ever! I know how blazing hot it is in Vegas and getting out there with 5 kids is not easy but you do it all of the time! They are so lucky to have you!
I want a water park in my back yard. I love the splasher! You are the most fun mom ever!
How FUN! All the kids working together and playing to gether is so awesome.
Post a Comment