Sunday, July 20, 2008

Momma Robot

The other day I left Rachel home babysitting the kids. My instructions when I left were, no T.V., computer games, or video games. I told them to be creative and have fun. A little over 2 hours later, I came home and found out that my kids do have imagination and creativity when they are restricted from electronics....Meet Momma Robot...
(at least that's what they called it)
They said it was their Momma while I was away. Jessica was even calling it "Momma." Hopefully it was just the familiarity of the robe and tennis shoes and not any resemblance to me! :)

Boxes, material, paint, broom sticks, yarn, my paper towel holder, etc were all used to construct this creative little creature. I think they had a great time but we sure had a huge mess to clean up from their little craft project!


8 comments:

the heiner family said...

That is so creative! Although I would say you are much better looking than that momma...so I wouldn't sweat that!
This is on another note though...last night all I dreamed about was going to your kids' lemonade stand(although they weren't working it...you and Mark and Wes were!). I think I might have a combo of hungry-fat-pregnant lady syndrome and super-homesick syndrome going on. Either way, thanks for entertaining me last night!

Grandma lu said...

Love the robot! Hysterical! Really liked the smiles!

Laurie said...

Soooo cute Truman kids!!! Love the creativity!! That will be a great memory forever!!
Love you all!!

Becky said...

Oh Maria... this is so cute. Your kids are amazing. I can't get over how grown up everyone looks in that last picture... mainly Sam! He looks almost as tall as Rachel! Wow. Love the park pictures too. Soooo cute.

ztruman said...

How fun! Your kids are so creative! Just like their real momma. I'm with you on the idea of getting rid of the electronics now and then and having some real homemade fun. I love the robot and cute kids who made it.

lori said...

HA!! That is SO CLASSIC! Your kids are too fun! I love that they came up with that!

Love and thinking about you guys!

Kristi said...

Brilliant! I loved it!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Maria! Your kids are so creative and you are a great mom to instruct them to turn off the TV and Wii, I'll have to try that sometime. Do your kids always get along? When can I call Rachel to come babysit my kids? JaNae