Yesterday we found a little puppy in our backyard. No collar. No tag. Just a scared to death puppy, shaking! It was such a cute little puppy that only weighed two pounds. It was so scared, it just snuggled into whoever was holding it. The kids were in heaven!
So you can imagine that it didn't take longer than two minutes when I heard, "Mom, can we keep it??""PLEASE??????????"
"We really love it, mom!"
But even though it was a sweet little puppy, I didn't even need a second to think about it. NOOOOO!!! Did they forget we already have a dog? So, we held it and took care of it for a while. The kids even named it Tiny Tim and called it "Timmy" for short. I quickly typed up a sign to post before they got any more attached. When I went out to post the "found dog" sign, I found a "missing dog" sign already posted. I quickly called the number and left a message, but no one called back. It got late that night and still no phone call. We decided to let it sleep in Mia's old crate for the night. She was fine in there. Didn't make a peep all night.
But I had nightmares all night of the dog running around saying, "Yo Quiero Taco Bell." haha!
The kids were so excited this morning to wake up and find the dog still here.
They got in some snuggling time, but right before I took them to school, the owner called and we returned him. His name is actually "Tiger." Tommy said he likes "Timmy" better. I'm just glad we found the owner!


1 comment:
My kids just looked at the Taco Bell dog pics with me and are SOOOO jeallous! They want you to keep Timmy! And I am horrible! I saw your post on Jessie yesterday and meant to come comment but didn't get to it before 3 more posts showed up! You are so on top of things girl! Well Happy B-day Jessie! We sure wish we could have been at your princess party but we are so glad we got to swim with you on Saturday!
Post a Comment