Last year Sam brought home a pet roach. REMEMBER BEAST?? Sam didn't feed or take care of his little pet longer than a week. So guess who did? I just couldn't stand to let the roach suffer from thirst or starvation so I made sure it was fed and watered. I did this for a year!
When Sam's friend, who has the same teacher that Sam had last year, mentioned that it was insect week at school last week, I got excited. She wanted to know if Sam could bring in "Beast" to show the class. YES!!! I told the little girl. Not only could Sam bring in "Beast," but we would let some other person have the privilege of taking it home and keeping it! So, I watered and fed it one last time and said my goodbyes. I even gave it a nice plump strawberry as a parting gift!
I was happy to get rid of that bug, but there was also a little part of me that was sad. And every time I go in the boy's room, I get a little, I mean little sad feeling inside when I see the top of their dresser so empty without Beast. I just can't help that mothering instinct! :) Well, bye-bye Beast, hope you have a good life. It was good to have you for a pet for a while but if I see you outside on my sidewalk, you will be dead!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment