Wednesday, August 13, 2008

THE BEACH...life doesn't get much better than this!

Last weekend we went to Newport Beach. I can't stand how much I love our vacations to Southern California, especially when the days are spent at the beach and especially when we are partying with family! We went with Ben and his family and Michelle and her family, and don't forget Larse's son, Dane! Julia Harps and her kids met up with us too.

Here's Chyna, Tori and Rachel...
I couldn't believe how much time they spent in the water catching the waves...they did it all day for two days straight!Tommy and Tysen were loving the waves too...
They also had a great time catching crabs on the rocks. In one of their buckets they had about 6 very large crabs! Here is the smallest one...Uncle Ben got hungry and that was the end of that crab! (just kidding!)
Tommy and his friend Ammon loved the sand...This is a great picture of my little sand monster, Tommy!Speaking of sand....Megan and Jessica were caked in sand!
But the days were heavenly in the beautiful, perfect weather...The kids weren't the only ones that had fun! My three nephews below,
took on the older men (my brother Ben and Mark) in some games of frisbee. They had a lot of fun but of course it was very competitive.
But in the end, as Mark put it, Ben and Mark "schooled the youth!" Here is their celebration shot... I can't tell you who had more fun, the boys or the kids?Anyway, check out this hot babe! I feel so loved!And here we are, two little love birds!Well, the beach days were over, but we couldn't leave the beach without a sand castle. Thanks Joe for being the best Uncle and making one with the boys at the end! It sure was a sweet castle!That night we hit the town for dinner and shopping. It was fun to just hang out and enjoy the beautiful weather! Oh, did I already mention how beautiful the weather was?? Here we are, all crammed into the elevator. This is everyone except for Monica who is taking the picture, oh and Rachel, she is in the back yelling, "Wait, I can't see!!"  Sorry Rach!
And here is my cute niece Julia that I absolutely LOVE! Jessica loves her too!
And Jessica loves her Uncle Ben!
Here's me, my brother Ben and my sister Michelle. I love family! It's always so fun to be together!

P.S. If anyone made it to the end of this blog entry then I apologize for the length...remember this is my journal/scrapbook. :)

6 comments:

the heiner family said...

What a rip-off! Where are all of the pictures of me? And the story I heard was that no one had any fun because I wasn't there! What a big fat lie! I am so coming next year and I will be in every picture so that there can't be a blog post without me in it!

Grandma lu said...

Beautiful pictures! What fun! I'm so glad you had such a good time.

suzy said...

WHAT-EVERRRR! Sure chalk it off as "journal" entry--we all want a peek! :) You are all beautiful and when am I getting adopted? You're pictures are SO GOOD Maria!

Rob and Mercedi said...

I can tell you didn't want the vacation to end! It looks like you had a great time! We're going there next week and I can only hope we have that perfect weather. Great pics!

jill said...

How fun!!! I seriously LOVE seeing you and your family!!! What a great trip, we love the beach as well. Great pictures!

Taylor said...

are you sure you guys are gonna stay in LV? Maybe Darren will need a new partner sometime in the future. :) Pictures look great!