Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm so sad!

Yesterday I wasn't sad, I was actually getting excited because school starts Friday (tomorrow) for Rachel and Monday for the other kids.  It's the end of the summer and yesterday they were quite bored so I was looking forward to school starting.  But today I took them to the mall (which I never do) to get some school shoes.  It was so fun!  The kids all got along, we ate lunch there and just had a great time.  As we were leaving the mall and I felt like a momma duck with five little ducklings following me, I started to feel sad.  Sad because my kids are growing up.  Sad because I love these moments with my kids when they love being together and hanging out with mom.  How long will this last?  Can't it be forever??  I'm sad that my little Rach is going into middle school and growing up too fast.  I want to freeze time, yet it's cool to see her becoming such a great young woman!  
I've just been so full of emotions today.  I guess I shouldn't say I'm sad, I guess I'm just really thankful.  Thankful to be a mom to such great kids that bless my life each day.  

4 comments:

suzy said...

Oh Maria...I'm am so that. Yesterday was more of an "excited for school to start" day but I have those sad for the passing of time days all the time! Joe just shakes his head and laughs at my "I don't want to be an empty nest-er..." sighs that come out as I hold my infant. But I just feel like my life is going toooo fast!

jill said...

For as crazy and frustrating as raising kids can be, it's torturous to think of them leaving. I feel your pain!

Janae Downey said...

Hi Maria! I hope Savannah grows up to be just like Rachel, she is such a beautiful girl and smart and talented. We love all your kids! I am also sad summer is over, life is just flying by! Hope the kids have a great week! JaNae

Kristi said...

Middle school?! Can you even believe that you have a kid that old? Wow...I totally remember middle school like it was yesterday. I hear ya though, it is so sad that our kids are growing up so fast. Trent and I are already not the center of our 8 year olds universe. He would actually rather play with friends than hang out with us. The nerve! heh heh...times are changin...