I have to record this priceless moment that happened last night...
The kids and I were on our way to the church to help with a cleaning assignment (Mark was already there.) Jessica and Megan were fighting over a water bottle. It was the end of the day and I really didn't know if I could handle the screaming over something SOO little. Just as I was ready to get involved in this quarrel, Megan sweetly said, "OK Jessie, you can have it," and she passed her the water bottle. With a lot of enthusiasm, I said, "Oh Megan, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing!" She quickly responded, "Mom, I didn't do it for you, I did it for Jesus!" Oh man, talk about melting my heart! So, I took this opportunity to talk to the kids about how Megan is so right....when we serve and help others, we are making Jesus so happy. Then I asked if they knew how Jesus says thank you. They came up with many ideas which were good and then I added, "yes, it's the feeling you feel inside that feels so good and makes you so happy." I asked Megan if she felt that and she said yes. I said, that is Jesus saying thank you.
When we got to the church, Jessica started fighting with Megan again about opening the door. Megan quickly let Jessica do it without arguing. I didn't say anything but as we walked away from the car, Megan said, "Mom, Jesus just said thank you again!"
5 comments:
melt my heart too!
Love you sweet Megan!
I love those moments :)
I love you too, Megan and your mommma who teaches you how to recognize how you feel and why you do.
That is so great. It's so fun to see your kids learning things that are so important. A moment that makes you so glad to be a mom.
Post a Comment