Well, the other day I was making jam and I had to wash the bottles. My dishwasher was completely full so I decided to fill my sink with hot soapy water and wash them by hand. Megan came into the kitchen and had the most excited look on her face and said, "Mom, why do you have bubbles in your sink???" I had to laugh! Have I failed as a mom because my kids don't know that it is possible to wash dishes by hand?? So sorry mom!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Bubbles in my kitchen sink
I love my dishwasher! I rarely wash anything by hand, but when I have to, I just put some soap on my little scrubber brush and wash it that way. So basically, I rarely fill up my sink with soap water to wash the dishes. My mom would be so disappointed because that is all she does, even with a working dishwasher in her kitchen!
Well, the other day I was making jam and I had to wash the bottles. My dishwasher was completely full so I decided to fill my sink with hot soapy water and wash them by hand. Megan came into the kitchen and had the most excited look on her face and said, "Mom, why do you have bubbles in your sink???" I had to laugh! Have I failed as a mom because my kids don't know that it is possible to wash dishes by hand?? So sorry mom!
Well, the other day I was making jam and I had to wash the bottles. My dishwasher was completely full so I decided to fill my sink with hot soapy water and wash them by hand. Megan came into the kitchen and had the most excited look on her face and said, "Mom, why do you have bubbles in your sink???" I had to laugh! Have I failed as a mom because my kids don't know that it is possible to wash dishes by hand?? So sorry mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ah...it's a total generational thing...my parents fill their sink up wash it all then stick it in their dishwasher...ha! makes me laugh about meg!
Grandma would be so disappointed! But on the other hand...I always think that dirty dishwater stinks...I can smell it as I think about it!
Post a Comment