Monday, May 5, 2008
Recitals and Candy Necklaces
Rachel and Megan are in a Children's Choir and last weekend was their end of the season performance. They did great. Thanks for the flowers Aunt Michelle and Tori(and thanks for the candy you fed Jessica throughout the concert to keep her quiet!
When Rachel had her first dance recital about 6 years ago I made her a candy necklace instead of giving her flowers. She loved it and since then it's been a tradition. Here are Rachel and Megan after the show with their necklaces.
Tonight was Tommy and Rachel's piano recital. Here are the students with their teacher..
I didn't think that it was necessary to make Rach and Tommy the candy necklaces, but about one hour before the recital, Tommy asked if I had the candy necklaces ready. I said that I didn't make any. He said, "Mom, that is the only reason I have been excited about this recital!" So, I quickly dug into my Halloween stash (candy doesn't expire, does it?) and made two candy necklaces while he was in the other room practicing his piano. He was surprised and in heaven after the recital!
This morning I was taking the kids to school and we were talking about Tommy possibly joining the children's choir. He was excited about the idea and told me that he wanted to sign up. I thought it had a little to do with the fact that the advanced group gets to go to New York next year for a festival and he wants to go. But I was still surprised that he really wanted to join. Tommy was trying to talk his friend (who was in the car) into joining the choir too. This friend kept saying, "No Way!" And then the truth came out when Tommy said, "You know, if you sing in the choir, you will get a candy necklace!" So it wasn't that he wanted to sing, or go to New York, or any other reason except the candy necklace! It's amazing what a little candy will do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Motivation is the key, isn't it? Love that! The choir concert was so wonderful and I'm waiting for the private recital!
Packing my computer right now! I'll be there soon!
Great pictures.
This is kind of gross, but after Tom and I were married, we visited Parowan one weekend. On the trip back to Vegas, I was going through some old boxes of Tom's and I found the candy necklace Larse had made him when he got home from Brazil. Well, I ate that whole candy necklace. It was at least a year and a half old. I blame the fact that I was pregnant at the time. Whew. That felt good to get off my chest.
Tommy sounds like a man after my own heart. Or should I say stomach? That sounds like a great idea! My kids would love it, especially Harry. I could probably get him to do all sorts of things. :) I want in on the private recital. I would love to hear the girls sing.
Oh, wish we could hear all of the performances!! Those kids of yours are SO TALENTED! And I love the candy necklaces! Maybe I'll use that to get Wes to sing more!! =)
What a fun idea Maria...you know I might steal it one day :) Your kids are so adorable!
Oh, Maria I had to laugh. Was it Jackson that was not wanting to join the choir? He was so bored at the concert, I finally accepted the fact that he doesn't ever want to do it. oh well. I love it that Tommy's mind was working on a way to get more candy necklaces. I think he would do great in the choir!!
Also, I have some really cute pictures of the girls together from that night. If you want them, I can send them your way!
Can I adopt Megan? Please?! or any of the rest of your kids. They are so great! Rachel is beautiful!
Post a Comment