This morning while we were eating breakfast I asked the kids if they knew what holiday was today.
Silence.
So I said, "It's Veteran's Day, do you know what Veteran's Day is?"
Silence.
So I asked if they knew what a Veteran was.
Silence for a minute then Tommy said (with sincerity), "Yeah, it's someone who doesn't eat meat!" I chuckled and said, "No, anybody else?" Then Tommy really thought he had it this time and replied, "Oh, I know, it's someone who takes care of animals!!" I really laughed out loud this time and then I explained to my kids (who should already know) what a Veteran is and why we celebrate them on this day! We love you Veterans!!!(and Vegetarians and Veterinarians!)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THAT is why we have blogs! I love Tommy! What's sad is that I kept looking at the date on my watch thinking that today had to be someone's b-day or something but not until I read your blog did I remember that it was Veteran's Day! No wonder my mail didn't come!
Tommy is such a smart boy and I don't mean that sarcastically. I did know what a veterinarian or vegetarian was until I entered college... thats right, im smart I go to college. haha see you kids soon and better brush up on your vocabulary cause uncle joejoe coming down. One Word: CHUCK E. CHEESE!!!
good laugh! kids are great.
This is so funny! What a crack up. Kids are so clever, and aren't ya glad you are writing this stuff down?
Post a Comment