With 5 kids, two of which are very active boys, I think I've lucked out that I've never had to take one of them to the emergency room with a broken bone. Wouldn't you know that the first one to break her bone in our family would be our dog Mia. I'm still not sure if she broke her leg or one of the kids broke her leg (I'm guessing it's the latter), but it happened Sunday afternoon. She was a mess and in a lot of pain until I took her to the vet on Monday and they confirmed it was broken. They suggested surgery to put in a plate. I know, WHAT! On a dog???? Yes, and it was not a happy post-Christmas expense. I won't tell you what Mark wanted to do with the dog instead of the surgery, but you can guess...it put the kids in hysterics so we decided to bite the bullet and do it. I picked her up today from the animal hospital. Here she is...


She's not feeling much like doing anything, which is kind of nice. But she is getting the best care you could ever imagine.
3 comments:
Our first dog got hit by a car when he was a puppy and ended up a plate and 4 screws in his hip! He lived 14 years after that!
Our second dog (my parents still have her) got an auto immune disease. She had to get chemo, steriods, and was in the hospital for 4 days. She now has to have blood tests every 3 months, but has been doing wonderful.
When you love something and it gives you unconditional love back you'll do anything for them. For us there was never a choice of what to do. They're part of our family!
I hope Mia feels better. Poor thing!
It looks like the same doctor that did surgery on your foot got ahold of Mia......poor little pup, thats so sad. Hope she gets better soon!
What can you even say about that?!? All I can say is that Mia is one lucky dog...she found the perfect owners! But on a slightly different note, thanks for having my kids over...they had so much fun! It is making me so excited to move back...I LOVE cousins!
Post a Comment