Thursday, December 18, 2008

Goodbye Dane!

Yesterday my nephew Dane went into the MTC. He is my 10th niece or nephew to go on a mission. I love that my kids have so many cousins that are such great examples. Last weekend we went up to Parowan for Dane's farewell. Oh man, I remember when Dane was my boy's age and look at him now!
He is such great kid and will be an amazing missionary in California (forgot the exact mission, but Spanish speaking.) We had a great time with family. My sister Larse really put on a great spread of food! I'm still tasting those yummy cake balls!!! :) I was able to get some group shots of the cousins.



This is Dane and his brother Jade

Me and some of my sisters (Dane's mom on the right)

And my favorite picture of the day....

Man, I love these kids! I told them to hold hands and jump...they were good sports! Joe, I love your expression!! And Jade, good thing you didn't land on Titus...that would not have been good! :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Maria, this post made me cry! I love all these pictures! Thank you, thank you for posting them!!!

Emily

ps. Julia, how do you jump so beautifully? You look like a supermodel.

Julia White said...

I love the post! Poodz is going to be the best missionary out there! And thanks Em.... We discussed before hand that everyone would look "special" so I could actually look in one of those pictures. LOL

Grandma lu said...

Whew!!! I'm glad Titus is OK! Love that jumping picture!!! How lucky to have all those cousins!

lori said...

Maria, your family is so beautiful! What great pictures and what a happy occasion! My first nephew gets his mission call in a few months! Crazy how fast time goes!
And I loved the pictures and post about your mom!! What a wonderful woman - she sounds just like you!!